I am BEYOND EXCITED to be participating in my very first Blog Hop! My amazing friend, Bonnie approached me about joining this amazing group of fellow demonstrators and I couldn’t stop doing the happy dance when I got official word that I “was in”! So here we go…
The theme for February is FOLD FOLDS which is absolutely my favorite type of card to make! The fun thing about this design is that you can make 2 cards out of a single sheet of cardstock and 2 pieces of your favorite designer series paper. With both Sale-a-bration and the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog in full swing, it was an easy choice on what stamp set/bundle and DSP I wanted to use. The way that Stampin’ Up! products coordinate is one of the major reasons I fell in love with their products and became a demonstrator 17 years ago! The Pretty Perennials Bundle (Jan-Jun 2021) and the Paper Blooms DSP (SAB Jan-Feb) were a match made in heaven and suit this fold so well.
Here’s the details:
- Seaside Spray Cardstock – 8-1/2 x 11 scored in half on both sides (at 5-1/2 on the long side and 4-1/4 on the short side)
- Cut the cardstock diagonally from the top left to the bottom right so you end up with 2 pieces by lining up the two points in the track of your paper cutter for a perfect cut. (see photos below) Burnish the score lines on the cardstock piece and fold so the bottom flap comes up and the left flap folds over to the right.
- Cut 2 pieces of Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper 5-1/4 x 4 and cut these in half on the diagonal the same way you did the cardstock. TIP: Be sure to cut each piece in the same direction – mine was from top left to bottom right and I actually stacked and cut them at the same time.
- Flip your cardstock base over and attach one of each designer series pattern to the two triangle sections. Refold the card and burnish the folds again.
- Cut a piece of coordinating cardstock (Night of Navy) 10 x 1 for the belly band. With the card folded, wrap the band around the center and adhere the ends on the front making sure that it’s not so tight it can’t be slipped off easily. Attach your main focal point to the band using dimensionals. Tip: Add the dimensionals to your band first and then add the image to the dimensionals.
- Finish the card by stamping a piece of Basic White measuring 5-1/4 x 4 and attaching to the inside.
Which color do you like best?
Time to Hop!
I hope you enjoyed this fun fold and will give it a try! You’ll find the supply list below. Now it’s time to hop through and check out the other fun fold creations. Please be sure to leave a comment on any or all of them and enjoy what these amazing demonstrators have to share!
Stamper’s Dozen February 2021 Blog Hop
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
- Donna Burk Schneidtmiller – Donna Stamps
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
Sale-a-bration 2021 (Part 1) is in full swing and ends on February 28th! For every $50 you spend, you receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration brochure. If your wish list is LONG, consider joining my team and receiving a discount on future purchases? There is ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION but plenty of PERKS!
Thanks for visiting today!
Big Hugs and Much Love,
Be sure to include the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a FREE GIFT from me! Omit on orders over $150!