So glad you’re stopping by for this month’s Stampers Dozen Blog Hop! I’m excited to be back after having to miss September and it seems like FOREVER since the last time! This month our theme is a fun twist on a technique I haven’t done in years and you are going to love you easy it is!
“Chalkboard with a Twist”
Our theme this month is the Chalkboard Technique! Typically this technique is done in Black and White but one of the latest trends is to add to it with pops of color! it’s a super simple technique that I know you’re going to want to try!
This can be done with a variety of images and I decided to pull out one of my favor birthday stamp sets from the Annual Catalog – “Happiest of Birthdays (Item 153539 page 66). The largest image with the stack words is one I use all the time! I love how it can not only fill your front layer but also serve as the main focal point without much else!
How did I do it?
- Start with a piece of Just Jade cardstock that is 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4. Burnish the fold with your bone folder.
- Next, take a piece of Basic Black cardstock that is 3-3/4 x 5 and rub over it with an Embossing Buddy (which is sadly retired) to remove any static.
- Using a Versamark Ink Pad, ink the large image and stamp it toward the top of the black layer.
- Pour White Embossing Powder over the stamped image assuring it is completely covered. Shake off any excess, making sure to brush off any spots where you don’t want the powder sticking. I use a small thin paint brush so I can get into any small areas easily
- Using the Heat Tool, move the flow of heat in a slow circular motion over the image until the powder has melted and turns glossy. Be careful not to get too close to the image or hold the heat tool in one place for too long to avoid scorching your image.
- Allow the image to cool and set – this should only be a minute or two – before moving on to the next step
- THE TWIST: Using four different colors of Stampin’ Blends – I used Dark Misty Moonlight, Dark Polished Pink, Dark Just Jade, and Dark Blackberry Bliss), add color directly over the white embossed words. You do not have to be perfect/exact during this step as any color that you might get onto the black cardstock will evaporate/vanish. If you aren’t happy with the shade of color you have applied, you can go back over it again to darken.
- Next, add a piece of the Just Jade and Gold Braided Ribbon across the bottom and adhere to the back of the card.
- Adhere the black layer to a piece of Gold Foil that is 4 x 5-1/4 and add this stack to the cardfront with dimensionals
- Tie a second piece of the Just Jade and Gold ribbon into a bow and add to the card with glue dots.
- Add a piece of Basic White cardstock that is 4 x 5-1/4 to the inside and stamp as desired.
Hope you enjoyed this fun Twist on the Chalkboard Technique and will pull out your supplies and try it!
You’ll find all the products used listed below in the Supply List and if you’d like to order any/all of them, just click the add to cart button to go to my online store! Be sure to use the October Host Code: 9PJD9ZRN when you check out and you’ll receive a little Thank You gift from me!
Now…be sure and follow the links below to see the remaining projects in this month’s hop and show these amazing ladies some love!
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
- Donna Burk Schneidtmiller – Donna Stamps
- Jodi Petersen – Jodi’s Card Designs
- Rose Grunewald – Country Cards by Rose
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
Thanks for stopping by!